JOB OPENING: PROGRAM & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Program & Outreach Coordinator promotes the organization’s mission through a combination of marketing, communications, development, and administrative support. The position reports to — and works closely with — the Executive Director as a valued team member to grow and promote current programs, enhance the organization’s outreach, identify and develop new opportunities, and serve as the staff liaison to Board Committees.
- Manages and oversees the annual Virginia Vistas Photo Contest
- Curates the weekly Virginia Vistas photo in the Saturday Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Updates Scenic Virginia’s Sustainability Plan with a focus on ensuring our financial viability and mission impact
- Assists with the planning and execution of events (e.g. Scenic Awards, The Richmonds Medal)
- Identifies and monitors like-minded organizations for potential partnership opportunities
- Works with the Executive Director to explore new audiences and opportunities for current programs
- Builds strategic relationships and attend relevant community meetings, councils, roundtables, committees, networking events, etc.
- Assists the Executive Director with the implementation of Scenic Virginia’s Development Plan
- Maintains Scenic Virginia’s donor database by inputting contributions, sharing the weekly Contributions List with the Board, and processing weekly acknowledgment letters
- Makes thank-you calls to donors
- Maintains the database of Foundation research
- Serves as the staff liaison to all Board committees
- Creates and manages the Board and Committee meeting calendar, and send timely meeting reminders
- Oversees all Committee correspondence, including meeting minutes and approvals
- Creates and maintains the Board Handbook
- Updates/maintains administrative manuals and forms (conflict of interest policy, database entry guides, etc.)
- Provides a weekly report of activities to the Executive Director and President that connects daily work and monthly projects with the larger mission of the organization
- Assists with other general administrative support that includes preparing mailings and bank deposits, office management, and organization; drafting and editing correspondence; summarizing data and creating reports; and creating and editing program handbooks and other publications as needed
Marketing and Communications
- Oversees/manages social media accounts on a day-to-day basis to create a consistent and engaging online presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest
- Produces a monthly Communications Report for the Board
- Updates and maintains the WordPress website (training available)
- Assists in the design, development, and production of such marketing materials as Scenic Virginia’s brochure and newsletter (using programs including Photoshop, InDesign, and Publisher)
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (or Bachelor’s with basic knowledge of conservation and environmental issues). Strong written and verbal communication skills plus a passion for Scenic Virginia’s mission required. Experience working with non-profits a plus, as is the desire to connect with other individuals and organizations to forge strong relationships. Candidate should be highly organized, hard-working, proficient in Microsoft Office programs and social media, and able to multi-task. Sense of humor highly valued. References required.
HOURS: 40 per week
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email or U.S. Mail to Executive Director Leighton Powell at [email protected] or Scenic Virginia, 4 East Main Street, Suite 2A, Richmond, Virginia 23219.
Scenic Virginia will contact qualified applicants. No phone calls, please!